Non-Exempt: Eligible for time and a half for hours worked over 40 in any given work week
Reports to: Office Manager
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for submitting, receiving and responding to incoming inquiries about products, services and goods. Inquiries may be received via e-mail, phone, fax, or other electronic means. Will contact potential and current customers directly to inform them of product availability, services and goods. Duties may also include assisting in documenting and resolving customer complaints. Communicate with the Logistics and Materials Specialist to obtain information on incoming and current material inventory. As the Inside Sales Rep: Manage a sales territory by servicing existing customers and targeting new prospects. In addition, the IS Rep will develop and manage a territory plan that provides growth consistent with strategic goals. Ideal candidate will have a proven ability to establish strong relationships via phone, identify and close additional business opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discuss goods or services information with customers.
- Obtain customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Review and verify customer orders for correctness and completeness according to policies and procedures. Check against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Verifies product and checks against available inventory.
- Recommend merchandise or services that will meet customers' needs.
- Meet and exceed territorial sales goals on a monthly and quarterly basis through developing and expanding customer base
- Established strong relationships with current and prospective customers through inbound calls, outbound calls and written channels
- Introduces new material to customers and provides education on use of applications
- Collaborates with multiple internal departments to ensure exceptional customer experience
- Associate degree required
- 1-2 years of demonstrated solution-based selling and quota achievement in a complex fast-moving sales environment preferred
- Relationship selling/consultative sales experience preferred.
- Able to establish strong working relationships and able to persuade/influence others
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, responsibilities, and business needs within a short timeframe
- Demonstrated success in sales and well-developed business acumen
- Experience with manufacturing, distribution, and business to business (B2B) sales a plus
- Inform customers by email or telephone of order information, such as unit prices, shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Build effective customer relationships through ongoing communication
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Covalent to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a moderately active role, Employee will be required to visit and meet with customers at their places of business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
It is the policy of Covalent to offer equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical handicap or disability, arrest record, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions will be based on assessment of the individual’s merits, qualifications, and abilities. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruiting, selection, promotions, layoffs, job assignments, compensation, counseling, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. Covalent will make reasonable accommodations, as required by law, for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardships.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.