Non-Exempt: Eligible for time and a half for hours worked over 40 in any given work week
Reports to: Office Manager
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for submitting, receiving and responding to incoming inquiries about products, services and goods. Inquiries may be received via e-mail, phone, fax, or other electronic means. Will contact potential and current customers directly to inform them of product availability, services and goods. Duties may also include assisting in documenting and resolving customer complaints. Communicate with the Logistics and Materials Specialist to obtain information on incoming and current material inventory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Discuss goods or services information with customers.
- Obtain customers' names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Review and verify customer orders for correctness and completeness according to policies and procedures. Check against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Verifies product and checks against available inventory.
- Recommend merchandise or services that will meet customers' needs
- Inform customers by email or telephone of order information, such as unit prices, shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Build effective customer relationships through ongoing communication
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Decision Making.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
It is the policy of Covalent to offer equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical handicap or disability, arrest record, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions will be based on assessment of the individual’s merits, qualifications, and abilities. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruiting, selection, promotions, layoffs, job assignments, compensation, counseling, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. Covalent will make reasonable accommodations, as required by law, for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardships.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.