Non-Exempt: Eligible for time and a half for hours worked over 40 in any given work week
We are searching for a Chemical Operator who possess a solid understanding of chemical processes and mechanics. The Chemical Operator can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products. They will also be expected to comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations and report any concerns, violations, or accidents.
To be successful as a Chemical Operator, you should be professional with a strong understanding of mechanical and chemical processes. The ideal candidate will be attentive, knowledgeable, and have a desire to work with other production team members to develop the best processes and products. The Chemical Operator we follow standard operating procedures and be certified training to pass hazmat safety training.
- Storing, retrieving, mixing, and monitoring chemicals used in the production process.
- Recording information, such as ingredients, weights, and temperature, and inputting into database.
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes.
- Observing all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations.
- Reporting accidents, safety violations, or other concerns.
- Assisting in planning and improving processes and product quality.
- Working with other team members to complete the production process.
- Meeting physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience in a related field may be required.
- Experience working with forklifts may be preferred or required
- Understanding of chemical process.
- Aptitude for mechanics.
- CDL a plus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
- It is the policy of Covalent to offer equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical handicap or disability, arrest record, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions will be based on assessment of the individual’s merits, qualifications, and abilities. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruiting, selection, promotions, layoffs, job assignments, compensation, counseling, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. Covalent will make reasonable accommodations, as required by law, for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardships.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.